The programs in liberal arts and education, formerly administered by the School of Science, were soon split into their own school.
The official seal of Purdue was officially inaugurated during the university's centennial in 1969.
Amelia Earhart joined the Purdue faculty in 1935 as a consultant for these flight courses and as a counselor on women’s careers.
This ban was ultimately overturned by the Indiana Supreme Court and led to White’s resignation.
By the end of the nineteenth century, the university was organized into schools of agriculture, engineering (mechanical, civil, and electrical), and pharmacy, and former U. President Benjamin Harrison was serving on the board of trustees.
Purdue’s engineering laboratories included testing facilities for a locomotive and a Corliss steam engine, one of the most efficient engines of the time.
The School of Agriculture was sharing its research with farmers throughout the state with its cooperative extension services and would undergo a period of growth over the following two decades.
As veterans returned to the university under the G. Bill, first-year classes were taught at some of these sites to alleviate the demand for campus space.
Four of these sites are now degree-granting regional campuses of the Purdue University system. After the war, Hovde worked to expand the academic opportunities at the university.
The main campus in West Lafayette offers more than 200 majors for undergraduates, over 69 masters and doctoral programs, and professional degrees in pharmacy and veterinary medicine.
In addition, Purdue has 18 intercollegiate sports teams and more than 900 student organizations.
The Greater Lafayette Public Transportation Corporation (City Bus) operates eight campus loop bus routes on which students, faculty, and staff can ride free of charge with Purdue Identification.
The Purdue Mall is the central quad of Purdue University.
The most prominent feature of the Purdue Mall is the 38-foot (12 m)-tall concrete Engineering Fountain, and also features the Frederick L.